How much does it cost to live in Whispering Pines Cooperative?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- After purchasing your home, each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance and the community's mortgage payments.
- The current lot rent is $330 per month and includes water and septic, park maintenance and trash collection.
- The second charge is a one-time refundable membership fee of $200. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent.
- The resident-homeowners of Whispering Pines vote on all budget related decisions, including the rent.
- Whispering Pines Cooperative charges new members a non-refundable application fee of $53 per adult who will live in the household, to cover background and credit checks. Applications must be hand delivered, for more information or to schedule an appointment click here or call 360.320.5539.